Advertising Basics Read Now
Facebook Q+A | Aug 4th
Secrets to Writing Ad Copy Read Now
Facebook Q+A | August 11th
Create an Ad Budget: Read More
Facebook Q+A | August 18th
Maximize your Print Ads: Read Now
Facebook Q+A | August 25th
This month we learned all about storytelling: How to tell compelling stories for your brand. Your challenge was…
Pick ONE MEDIA you’re going to be most dedicated to ‘telling your brand story’ in [photos, words, videos, audio], answer these three questions:
- What is the desired outcome: How do you want your audience to think, feel or act as a result of engaging with your brand?
- What is the takeaway message: What is the one thing you want them to remember about you?
- Where does this story fit in with your brand: Consistent voice, consistent theme- What is your ‘voice’?
… and create FOUR-FIVE topic categories you want to tell stories about that fit in with what you do, what you care about, what you’re all about.
To give you an example, my categories are: ‘dogly wisdom, dog brands, dog parents, dog media & ‘behind the scenes’ in my life – everything I talk about can be pretty much squished into one of those categories. These categories relate directly to what I do, sell and specialize in. This can often double as the categories for your content / blog.
This Month’s Content Highlights:
- What are the two primary rules for great storytelling?
- What are the secrets to connecting emotionally with your audience?
- What are some ways to tell stories using Audio?
- What are some ways to tell stories using Video?
- What are some ways to tell stories using Photography?
- What are some ways to tell stories using Copy?
- How do I start discovering my unique story?
- How do I know what is interesting about me / my story?
- How do I break down my whole brand into meaningful bits?
- How do I learn to infuse more personality into my storytelling?