Planet Dog is an absolute pioneer in the pet industry. This Million Dollar Dog Brand has been going strong since 1997 – nearly 20 years! We’re chatting with Planet Dog co-founder Stephanie Volo and she is taking us behind the scenes in how Planet Dog got it’s start – as a brand, as collection of exceptional planet-friendly, Made in America products and as a serious philanthropic force. You won’t want to miss her advice for starting out in the pet industry, multi-channel sales and what we can all do to reduce our carbon paw prints.
In This Episode
- How Planet Dog began
- How this 20 yr. old co. stays true to its honorable old-school values in a new-school world
- How does the ‘bigger branding picture’ add to multi-channel success
- How do you keep your brand strong over the years
- Why is a marketing & communications strategy so critical?
- How to keep the communication channels open between company & customers
- Why Planet Dog launched their own brand store & what powerful insights it provides
- How to avoid ‘copycatting’ & why ensure you protect yourself from copycats
- Why collaboration is a critical path to real change
- What the Pet Industry Sustainability Coalition
We are not just a seller of product, we a brand with a story. We’re selling a story because we have several products that translate to the lifestyle we’re trying to support.
Follow Planet Dog
Women in the Pet Industry
Side Note: Stephanie is one of thousands of inspring ladies doing remarkable things in the pet space. Recently I flew to Portland to speak to a couple hundred of these women at the Women in the Pet Industry Conference.
I spoke on the topic of ‘Finding your Creative Genius’ and outlined how you can find and wield your own Creative Genius much like Steph and the Planet Dog team has managed to do. Click the image below if you want to see the presentation and get your own blueprint to finding and wielding your own creative genius…